Another feature of a project is its uniqueness. It is a breed apart, in that it is not like the normal routines done during the work process. It stands on its own, with its goal to accomplish some unique outcome. Thus, majority of the times, project requires far more resources than a normal routine process. External help from different organizations may be required, skills from different people etc.
Now looking at this, a lot is required for the accomplishment of a project. Depending on the scale of the project, a lot of man power may be need, external help may also be required, the need of professionals with skills and knowledge that will aid the conclusion of the project, different softwares may be required. Thus all these require management for the sound conclusion of a project.
Thus the need for Project Management. Project Management focuses on applying the various skills and techniques as well as knowledge and tools to undertake project activities so that the requirements for a successful project can be met. Project management before the 20th century was informally practiced. But in the 20th century, it began to appear as a stand apart profession of its own.
Project management breaks down the work processes into five categories
1. Commencement: this is the initial phase of the project. The project is initiated and the purpose of the commencement of the project is understood.
2. Planning: As the popular phrase states “ if you fail to plan, then you plan to fail”. planning is an important factor in any project. If the project is not planned well based on the appropriate strategy, then there can only be problems down the road.
3. Execution: Plans without actions can only be termed as one thing and that is “utterly useless”. Every plan needs execution, because without execution, nothing would ever get done.
4. Overseeing and Supervision: In project management, the team implementing the objectives for the completion of the project should be appropriately supervised to ensure efficiency. When there is no supervision, people tend to slack off and thus greatly reduce the efficiency of the work flow and brings about different delays in time.
5. Conclusion: Successful project management requires efficient conclusion of a project. A project needs to accomplish its said goal for it to be termed successful. Thus Project management seeks to conclude the project when the objectives required for the project have been sufficiently completed
In a nutshell, Project management entails commencing, planning, execution, supervision and conclusion of a project in order to achieve a desired outcome.
Establish systemic methods for the elimination of waste within a manufacturing process. Enroll in the Certified Lean Project Manager®
Are you passionate about sharing your insights with a global audience? Do you want your news to reach new heights through SEO optimizations and strategic visibility? IBQMI® welcomes aspiring authors like you to contribute to our platform! Your stories matter, and we're here to amplify your voice in the ever-evolving fields of IT and Management. Join our community of professionals and let your expertise shine.Discover How to Contribute