FEATURES OF SCRUM
1. One of the functions of scrum is the economic term known as “Division of Labour”. the organizations are divided into various organized teams which are multifunctional.
2. Scrum specializes in splitting work into a minute list of tasks, then organizes them based on the degree of priority. It further gives a breakdown estimate on the effort required for each objective.
3. Scrum functions effectively to make each iteration optimum by relying on a retrospective .
FEATURES OF KANBAN
1. Kanban majorly focuses on using visual aids and signals to support project management.
2. Kanban reduces the burden of work processes as it restricts the amount of tasks that ca be performed at any given time. Once the major task with the highest priority has been dispensed with, then other tasks can then be undertaken.
3. Kanban gives an estimation of the time required to complete various objectives thus increase efficiency
BREAKDOWN OF SCRUMBAN
Scrumban as a system is a combination of the best characteristics that can be gotten from both Scrum and Kanban. It uses the characteristic of Scrum to be Agile an the uses the layouts set down by Kanban to continuously improve the work flow process.
Kanban makes use of the pull system and thus will allow the process of Scrumban to become highly smooth along with an increase in the work flow capability. The visual process utilized by Kanban such as diagrams, charts and statistics can be used to easily aid the team understand the flaws inherent in the work flow process.
Furthermore, Scrumban utilizes the restriction of tasks feature from Kanban, thus the team arranges the various tasks in a queue based on degree of importance. Thus the backlog would be effective as the team know when one task is completed, another task will begin.
Scrumban allows for planning in respect of iteration, this can be done at consistent intervals and is padded with retrospective and detailed reviews. The main goal of this is to ensure that any available slot(vacant) is occupied. The main reason for this is not to accumulate a high number of slots but to utilize the slots which are deemed of importance and not add unnecessary work load.
BENEFITS OF SCRUMBAN
1. Quality: the quality of Scrumban is extremely high. Kanban and Scrum are part of the top notch tools for project management already. However, Scrumban is a combination of the best characteristics exhibited by both Scrum and Kanban!
2. Scrumban is very effective for time management, when statistics are needed, they are delivered in a timely manner, similar objectives and task are organized in such as way they are also to produce their outcome in an organized and timely manner.
3. The lead time in Scrumban is minute
4. It aims to reduce and limit waste, anything that is not beneficial to the customer is not needed.
The IBQMI® Certified Scrumban Practitoner® mission: the relationship between purpose and performance! Enroll in Certified Scrumban Practitoner®