There are many essential features of TQM, some of which are as listed below:
1. Target: the most important target to accomplish in TQM is Quality. It is crucial that the quality policy is set toward customers. Meeting customer’s needs means satisfying every customer requirement but not that you are reaching the quality standards set before.
It is essential not to quit innovating, continue to do that as it is one of the important principles of the TQM system.
2. Scope: without extension of the production process to suppliers and sub-contractors, quality products and services can never be achieved in TQM. Setting up input materials standards is a good thing to do as it helps to put the quality of the inputs in check. The method of placing order needs to be made suitable, too, if you must do quality assurance.
3. Form: Another fantastic thing about the TQM system is that it controls the quality of the input even before the production process begins. It does not deal with finished products at all. There are set up plans and programs to supervise and prevent problems right before the production starts proper.
The tools are also used in supervising and analyzing the results and factors affecting the quality while taking notes of reasons for possible solutions.
4. Basis of the TQM system: the human is the basis of TQM no doubt about that. When we talk about quality, people usually think about the quality of the products. But in TQM, it is the quality of the resource persons that emphases are placed on.
The basic principles for implementation of the TQM system are that the employee's qualification needs to be sound and developed fully through training, delegation, and assignment.
5. Organization: TQM is cross organized in order to manage integrated corporate with different activities of the system. Its implementation requires the participation of high and middle-level managers. If there is proper organization, duties are well assigned clearly with no hassles. This means that for the TQM system to function effectively, there is a need for a management model with different features from the past model.
6. Management skills and tools: the methods to be implemented have to do with the principle of doing correctly at the onset of the project. This is crucial to the attainment of quality improvement.
Ready to meet modern requirements?
Enroll in the IBQMI TQM Trainer® - a unique, patented, corporate senior management training program that is widely accepted as the gold standard in the industry.
Are you passionate about sharing your insights with a global audience? Do you want your news to reach new heights through SEO optimizations and strategic visibility? IBQMI® welcomes aspiring authors like you to contribute to our platform! Your stories matter, and we're here to amplify your voice in the ever-evolving fields of IT and Management. Join our community of professionals and let your expertise shine.Discover How to Contribute